Subject: Re: Sysinst defunct on NetBSD/mac68k - still
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-install
Date: 11/23/2005 21:53:29
At 20:24 Uhr +0000 23.11.2005, David Laight wrote:
>> If we cannot get sysinst fixed in time -- can we at least document
>> the manual workaround along the lines of
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/2005/05/19/0003.html in a
>> prominent place in the 3.0 release notes?
>
>Someone with a mac68k needs to sit down and sort out what is wrong.
>I don't have one.

Fair enough.

I was planning to tackle sysinst, now that Chuck Silvers' fixes provide me
with a working netbsd-2 Quadra 700. But there is a learning curve ahead, so
it's not going to happen for NetBSD 3.

Still, for bor both the newbies and the remaining faithful in port-mac68k,
it would be nice to have a workaround "standard procedure" in the install
docs.

	hauke