Subject: Re: sysinst and wrong partition for re-install
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-install
Date: 10/12/2005 07:52:55
On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 08:30:28PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> This is the latest sysinst from NetBSD-daily 20051010000Z i386
> using netbsd-INSTALL.gz image from there.
>
> (Booted using pxeboot_ia32.bin from several months ago, but I don't think
> that matters.)
>
> When I chose "Re-install sets or install additional sets"
>
> /dev/rad0s3d was assumed
>
> It attempted to run:
>
>   /sbin/fsck_ffs -p -q /dev/rad0s3d
>
> It said:
>
>   Can't stat /dev/rad0s3d: No such file or directory
>
> I had same problem when I chose the upgrade option from the menu.

I must delete those two options :-)
They should both offer you a list of disks, but I don't think you can select
the partition.  I've done most of my testing with the 'install' option.

In any case you can just ust the 'install' option and 'existing layout'
to update (aka overlay install) a set or two.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk