Subject: upgrading openssl - LD_LIBRARY_PATH / LIBPATH
To: Help NetBSD <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Cates <robert@kormar.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/10/2005 03:28:18
Hi,

I've successfully upgraded my openssl to 0.9.7f from pkgsrc, but when I
upgrade my php-openssl and ap-ssl packages (also from pkgsrc and also
successful), and stop/start my apache server it still shows the original
openssl 0.9.7d is being used.

The openssl 0.9.7f was of course installed in /usr/pkg, and I saw the
message about setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LIBPATH and something about using
libtool, which I set and tried a new build but it did not change anything.

Can you please tell me what I need to do to upgrade my ap-ssl and
php-openssl packages to use the new openssl 0.9.7f install?

Thanks much!
Robert