Subject: Re: status of 'makefs -t cd9660'? (II) (fwd)
To: None <tech-install@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/29/2005 14:21:12
FYI, forwarded with permission.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:43:21 -0500
From: Daniel Watt <danwatt@gmail.com>
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@NetBSD.org>
Subject: Re: status of 'makefs -t cd9660'? (II)

Hubert,

We indeed have been working on this. All of us have just recently graduated,
and had planned on working quite a bit over the last month on wrapping this
project up, though life seems to have gotten busy for the team members. The
project is nearly complete, with only a few issues that need to be resolved and
tested.

The last test I performed on boot support showed that it was working fine for
our limited test cases - single images booting several different boot images in
emulated1.44mb floppies. Some more testing needs to be done on non-emulated
images to make sure everything is working fine. I will try and get some tests
run here in the next few days (I don't have the necessary boot images handy at
the moment to run those tests) and get back to you.

The only other things that need wrapping up are the symlink support in Rock
Ridge and a better name collision algorithm (since ISO names are either 8.3 or
30 total characters long, collisions are possible. The current algorithm is
very buggy and needs to be scrapped).

Our Wiki has some of the more technical information, and there is also
anonymous access to our (somewhat cluttered at the moment) SVN server.

Daniel Watt
danwatt@gmail.com