Subject: Re: some cdboot nits
To: None <junyoung@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/28/2005 01:37:24
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> BTW I found another bug in cdboot: if you don't press RETURN at the loader
> printing its dots and just wait, it'll hang after 5 seconds, not boot. Ooops!

And one more:
when pressing _any_ key (e.g. space, x) while it's printing dots, it boots
immediately. No chance to select a different kernel or run "ls" like the
"normal" i386 bootloader that we use on floppies & harddisks does.
Can we get the same behaviour there, possibly with the familiar 5 seconds
countdown?

Maybe it's wise to not duplicate the code for that, but put it all in one
file then, and conditionally compile several versions out of one source.
It seems this is used e.h. on the alpha, see
sys/arch/alpha/stand/*bootxx*.

  - Hubert