Subject: Re: some cdboot nits
To: None <junyoung@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/28/2005 00:48:58
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> * how does the name 'cdboot' go with the existing bootxx_* names
>   in /usr/mdec? Looking around a bit, I wonder if bootxx_cd would be more
>   in line with the existing names appropriate? Or is bootxx_* only for
>   use with installboot(8)? They sure are for more things than harddisks,
>   as bootxx_ustarfs on i386 shows.

Following up myself, it seems bootxx_cd9660 would indeed be consistent:

miyu% pwd
/home/cvs/src-current/sys/arch
miyu% ls -d */stand/*boot* | grep cd
alpha/stand/bootxx_cd9660
i386/stand/cdboot
mipsco/stand/bootxx_cd9660
pmax/stand/bootxx_cd9660
sbmips/stand/bootxx_cd9660

I'm not familiar with any of those sources, but the program should be
renamed at least. I don't know if there are further guidelines to follow,
please check the sources listed above first!

  - Hubert