Subject: Re: kdemultimedia-3.3.2nb2.tgz
To: Robert Cates <robert@kormar.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 04/06/2005 09:58:20
On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Robert Cates wrote:
> I've tried to install kde-3.3.2 per ftp from /pub/NetBSD/packages/2.0/i386/All/ and end up with an incomplete installation - the kdemultimedia-3.3.2nb2.tgz package fails because one or more of the xine packages fail, because win32-codecs-??? fails.
>
> Does anybody know what's going wrong, what I can do?  I've looked all over for the win32-codecs-- package(s), but found nothing.

It's probably not uploaded to the FTP server due to licensing issues.
Your best bet is to grab pkgsrc, build that one pkg from pkgsrc, and the
continue installing via binary pkgs.

In the long run, it would be nice to make sure such accidents don't happen
in pkgsrc. :(

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)