Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0_BETA: sendmail configured wrong (daily, security not delivered)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/12/2004 13:33:49
--Tln/wzp9jsNjmSUr

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 01:19:00AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
  | On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, David Howland wrote:
  | > I don't think install=3D/ is supposed to install anything in /etc, th=
ats
  | > not broken, its intentional.  postinstall/etcupdate is responsible for
  | > that I think.
  |=20
  | "build.sh -U -D /foo distribution" (running as root!)  seems to not get
  | the permissions on /var/spool/clientmqueue right, which I'd say is a bu=
g.
  | (first about the permissions, second that it doesn't unpack sets like
  | "install" does).
  |=20
  | Without -U (but as root) everything's fine.
  | Sounds like some more safety tests should be added...

No, "build.sh -U distribution" is performing as intended, even when
run as root; it's not a bug.

Use "build.sh -U sets" and extract the sets.  ("build.sh -U install=3D/some=
dir"
won't install the contents of etc.tgz or xetc.tgz.)

(If you build with -U, you need to run sets,install,... with -U)

--Tln/wzp9jsNjmSUr

--Tln/wzp9jsNjmSUr--