Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0_BETA: sendmail configured wrong (daily, security not
To: David Howland <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/11/2004 01:19:00
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, David Howland wrote:
> I don't think install=/ is supposed to install anything in /etc, thats
> not broken, its intentional.  postinstall/etcupdate is responsible for
> that I think.

" -U -D /foo distribution" (running as root!)  seems to not get
the permissions on /var/spool/clientmqueue right, which I'd say is a bug.
(first about the permissions, second that it doesn't unpack sets like
"install" does).

Without -U (but as root) everything's fine.
Sounds like some more safety tests should be added...

 - Hubert

If wishes were wings,  o"   )~  would fly.            -- Go!