Subject: some notes about the installation documentation
To: None <>
From: Pavel Cahyna <>
List: tech-install
Date: 04/13/2004 16:24:31
[ please Cc: me in replies ]

I looked at the INSTALL.html document
and I was surprised that there is a section named

"Upgrade path to NetBSD 1.6"

and another, "Changes Between The NetBSD 1.5 and 1.6 Releases"

Those should be up-to-date before the 2.0 release.

Also, under "Specific driver footnotes" one reads:
"Except as noted above, all drivers are present on all disks." I do not
believe that this is true, especially for the INSTALL_TINY kernel.

Also, having the kernel configuration files for all the installation
kernels (together with the kernels and their symbols in binary/kernel)
would be nice.

I will try to install this snapshot and post about problems, if I find

Bye	Pavel