Subject: Re: Howto Softdep ?
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 03/19/2004 13:09:50
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Zafer Aydogan wrote:
> I'd like to use the softdep functionality of my Filesystem.
> Actually I'm running  FFS on 2 partitions / &  /usr on ld0 (raid stripeset)
> How can I activate Softdep on /usr without losing the data on it.
> Or. how can I setup another partition with softdep activated ?

Just add it in /etc/fstab:

	yui# grep softdep /etc/fstab
	/dev/sd0a               /                       ffs     rw,softdep      1 1
	/dev/ccd0e              /disk4                  ffs     rw,softdep      1 2

You may need to reboot/remount the filesystem, but there's no need to
recreate it!

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>