Subject: X11 updates
To: None <tech-install@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 03/07/2004 00:24:53
While working on the german translation of sysinst I came across this:

message X_oldexists
{I cannot save /usr/X11R6/bin/X as /usr/X11R6/bin/X.old, because the
target disk already has an /usr/X11R6/bin/X.old. Please fix this before
continuing.

Now with the recent XF4.4 import, and probably even before that, due to
X no longer being monolithic, it sounds like saving /usr/X11R6/bin/X
is just a bit... stupid.

I have to admit I didn't check if the code does what the message pretends,
so maybe only the message has to be updated. I fear it does what it says
so.

How do we want to deal with binary X11 updates? Create a mtree file from
the new selected sets and save the old files in a tar file from that
spec?

Martin