Subject: Re: 20031112000 sysinst
To: Jason R. Fink <jrf@NetBSD.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-install
Date: 11/19/2003 00:15:15
On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 08:30:49PM +0000, Jason R. Fink wrote:
> Just a few oddities I had using sysinst
> recently, thought I would bounce them here.
>
> After plugging in my network information,
> I had to hit return after sysinst ran some
> pings to my default gw.

I've made sysinst wait for the user if any command generates output
or returns a non-zero status.  This is generally a good idea since
otherwise error messages flash past.

I'll add the 'RUN_PROGRESS' flag to the 'ping default gateway' command
so that it doesn't wait.

> When doing an ftp based install, after each
> set I had to hit enter to continue.

That one has already been changed.

If any other commands normally produce output, the sysinst code can easily
be changed to not require the user press enter.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk