Subject: language translations of sysinst
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/06/2003 18:36:47
Two things:

1) My recent changes to sysinst mean it will display a menu asking for
   the language for installation messages.
   To make this work the additional text message files have to be
   included on the CD media.  I've added them for the i386 CD install,
   but not for anything else because I'm not sure of the size constraints.
   Adding them is (probably) as simple as adding:
   COPY    ${OBJDIR}/sysinst/sysinstmsgs.fr        sysinstmsgs.fr
   COPY    ${OBJDIR}/sysinst/sysinstmsgs.pl        sysinstmsgs.pl
   to the correct 'list' file.

2) There are quite a few messages that need french and polish translations.
   This is a lot less daunting than it used to be, the only files are:
	src/distrib/utils/sysinst/msg.mi.xx
	src/distrib/utils/sysinst/msg.mbr.xx
   and a relatively small number of messages in each of:
	src/distrib/utils/sysinst/arch/*/msg.md.xx
   The only menu file that still contains text is the mac68k one.

Additional languages can also be easily added  German?

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk