Subject: Re: should not ask for filesets first
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/05/2003 16:42:22
On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 06:23:58PM +0100, David Laight wrote:
> [...]
> I have not done anything about working out the sizes/availability
> of the sets themselves.  This could be done by determining the sizes
> of the sets on the system where sysinst was built (under the assumption
> that they won't change much), or (and probably better) by moving the
> questions about where to locate the sets right to the front?

Independantly from this problem, it would be a good move:
sysinst should first ask for the sets to install, where to get them,
ask for partitions and then do the parititon/newfs, extract set, create
devices.
This way all the install operations which may require some time can run
unattended. In the 1.6.x sysinst it's not the case, the is user interraction
between newfs and sets extract.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>