Subject: should not check in unfinished code
To: NetBSD install list <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/04/2003 06:33:11
David Laight wrote:
> > Woah, Nelly!  Are you saying you are writing code without updating
> > the documentation?  How does anybody know what's going on?  Heck,
> > how do you know whether what you are doing is easy to explain to
> > everybody else, until you've carefully described the process?
>
> I haven't finished the code yet!

You checked it in!  That means you're done, and you've tested it, and
you are ready for others to test!

I don't know how much experience you have on cooperative projects,
and I'm relatively new around this one, but this is Very Important!

Never check in unfinished, undocumented, untested code.

--
William Allen Simpson