Subject: should not check in unfinished code
To: NetBSD install list <>
From: William Allen Simpson <>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/04/2003 06:33:11
David Laight wrote:
> > Woah, Nelly!  Are you saying you are writing code without updating
> > the documentation?  How does anybody know what's going on?  Heck,
> > how do you know whether what you are doing is easy to explain to
> > everybody else, until you've carefully described the process?
> I haven't finished the code yet!

You checked it in!  That means you're done, and you've tested it, and
you are ready for others to test!

I don't know how much experience you have on cooperative projects,
and I'm relatively new around this one, but this is Very Important!

Never check in unfinished, undocumented, untested code.

William Allen Simpson