Subject: Re: afterboot says mail working, but not true!
To: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/26/2003 13:48:06
William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com> writes:
> > Are you sure you have sendmail running right in addition? The .cf file
> > might be sufficient for your needs but you still need to set up your
> > rc.conf file correctly to make sendmail run etc.
> >
> I didn't tamper with rc.conf, after all, I didn't want to receive mail,
> just expected it to send locally.
>
> I'd always thought OpenBSD was pretty battened down, but this is
> excessive!

Dunno enough about sendmail to know exactly what you need in order to
do local mail properly. I used to but it has been too many years since
I switched to postfix. However, I think I may have heard that these
days sendmail works with a split submission agent and daemon for
security, and that would imply that you can't use sendmail locally any
more without running some sort of daemon. I may be wrong on this
though.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com