Subject: Re: afterboot says mail working, but not true!
To: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/26/2003 22:16:53
    Date:        Thu, 26 Jun 2003 02:14:23 -0400
    From:        William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>

  | man afterboot says:
  |   "NetBSD ships with a default /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file that will work
  |   for simple installations;"
  |
  | Nope, not working.  Spool files show:

  | Any idea what is wrong with default install?

Is sendmail enabled (in rc.conf).   By default on a NetBSD install, just
about nothing is turned on.  Sendmail certainly isn't on by default
(though that shouldn't affect local mail, which is what the daily security
report should be ... or perhaps now it will, with the new sendmail
submission method, where mail goes from one process to another).

Never occurred to me, I just enable sendmail as one of my first actions
(long time before /etc/daily gets a chance to run).

kre