Subject: Re: should sysinst change MBR_PTYPE_386BSD to MBR_PTYPE_NETBSD?
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/15/2003 19:09:43
Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU> writes:
>     Date:        15 Jun 2003 17:21:45 -0400
>     From:        "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
>
>   | The procedure I always follow is to move the old kernel into
>   | netbsd.old, copy the new kernel into /netbsd, and reboot.
>
> Perry, go back and read the Subject line.
>
> Last I heard, sysinst didn't have an option to just upgrade he
> kernel,

And I was explaining, if you go back several messages, that the
handling in the kernel itself was there for the benefit of people
upgrading WITHOUT using sysinst.

> What people who do manual upgrades of their system do is irrelevant for
> what is being discussed.

Since the discussion had moved on to whether or not the GENERIC kernel
should have the COMPAT flag for the old MBR, I think that it was
in fact relevant. The Subject: line is what is now irrelevant.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com