Subject: Re: unattened boot/install question
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 03/04/2003 17:39:05
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Jian Song wrote:
>
> > 1. how to build netbsd 1.6 so that it won't use sysinit but using the
> > install scrip
> > t I wrote.
>
> I believe the sysinst is started via .profile script. So edit it to run
> your script instead.

It would be nice if sysinst could be provided with a configuration file
giving answers to all of its questions. Looking at the source, I don't see
a clean way to do this. Maybe somebody who knows sysinst a bit better
could point a finger?

FreeBSD, RedHat, Solaris and even Windows have unattended install
systems, so there's plenty of useful material for reference out there.

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget