Subject: notes from installing 1.6...
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Darren Reed <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 10/26/2002 23:30:57
- "set new allocation size" <= should be units, not size ??
(this is for mb vs cylinders vs sectors)
- if i change a fs, the next one does not auto-adjust
(It would be nice if sysinst could remember that you created b to start
where partition a ended so that when you make a bigger, the start of b
is adjusted and so is the one after b, etc.)
- how do you clear a mountpoint ?
(you can make a filesystem "unused" but what about if I want to make
a 4.2BSD partition that just has no mountpoint?)
- After all distributions are unpacked, "Hit enter to continue" and
nothing further happens
- if left idle for too long, system freezes in sysinst (not even ctl-alt-del
or ctl-alt-esc works)
I think these last too are related. APM lossage possible?
Other than that, the installation is pretty damn slick! Cool!