Subject: Re: sshd won't allow access by root
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/29/2002 17:36:23
Just a quick partial reply:

Roland Dowdeswell wrote:
> I'm not sure which changes you are talking about, it has always
> been possible to set up root without a password hasn't it?

Not last time I installed NetBSD (circa 1997).  (I don't remember
what version.  I have the i386-install from that era on my hard drive
even today, but it only says "Congratulations, you have successfully
installed NetBSD _VER.")

According to one thing or another that I read, there was a change to
sysinst in 1.5.  Since I wasn't paying attention at the time, I don't
know when 1.5 came into existence.
--
William Allen Simpson