Subject: Custom sysinst
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Glen Starchman <glen@enabledtechnology.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/29/2002 13:51:11
I am building a customized sysinst for NetBSD installations on a group of
machines in a well-defined hardware class. To that end, I have eliminated a
lot of things like allowing the user to customize their drive geometries,
etc.

In order for this new sysinst to work correctly, I somehow need to integrate
with the bootable CD that I am burning. At this point, I am lost. How does
sysinst get called in the boot process? I can assume that it is somehow
called from the ramdisk, but we all know what they say about using the term
"assume" ;-)

Thanks!

--
Glen Starchman