Subject: problems 1.6 watching file extraction
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/27/2002 06:27:04
Robert Elz wrote:

>   | (M) INSTALL step 19: "Before extraction begins, you can elect to watch"
>   | never asked.
>
> Didn't it?   If it didn't, that's a step forward (and the doc should be
> fixed).   I never understood why anyone would want to slow down their install
> by a factor of 3 (or more) just so they could observe (but not read, it
> is too fast) a list of meaningless file names scroll past...

I tried an installation on another machine, using full disk, and a
"complete" install, and the question WAS asked.  So, it's path dependent.

I'd write this up as my first PR with a patch, but I've got no good way
of testing it....  I really cannot keep reinstalling on both machines,
as I'd keep losing my work.  Need more spare machines, I guess.

Consensus on just eliminating the prompt/feature/documentation?

And before I step on too many toes -- one of my talents -- is there an
arbiter, somebody in charge, a decision maker for this area?
--
William Allen Simpson