Subject: install i386 slice displays
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/24/2002 13:57:53
"Perry E. Metzger" wrote:

> > (C) INSTALL step 9: I selected Megabytes.  The resulting displays are
> > nearly useless.  (I see that this has been mentioned recently.)
>
> What do you mean by "useless" -- could you explain in more detail so
> we can try to fix the bug?

Useless: as in not good information for adding the slices to the
disklabel so that I could mount the MSDOS slices to access the
distribution files.

That's why I explicitly described a display which had enough detail.

Others have had this problem, noting that rounding error makes the
ranges appear to overlap.
--
William Allen Simpson