Subject: Re: Redhat style Kickstart auto-installer for netbsd
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Lee <lee@unassemble.co.uk>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/31/2002 09:40:35
Kickstart allows for unattended automated setups using a configuration file
that can be stored in various ways (floppy, CD, NIS, FTP).  By using a DHCP
server to get the network information on boot, you can specify where it gets
the config/installation files from via the DHCP server.

When installing Redhat you specifify on the install command line where you
want it to get the config from and the it will do a completelty unattended
installation.  Things that can be configured are:-

Network setup
Packages to Install
XFree86 config
Partition config
and lots more.

A much better/more detailed description can be found at:-
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/custom-guide/ch-kick
start2.html

Hope this helps.  Also cheers for that cloning server link looks interesting
I may just have a good at cloning one of my Linux boxes to give it a go.

Regards

Lee