Subject: sysinst upgrade problem with root disk
To: None <tech-install@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-install
Date: 06/11/2002 13:19:26
Hi,
I tried to upgrade a sparc using the 20020606 Daily-built miniroot.
It dies at fsck time because it tries to fsck the root filesystem which is
already mounted.

I think the problem is in fsck_disks(): fsck_root() will fsck and mount
the root filesystem the user gave to sysinst. Then the /mnt/etc/fstab is read,
and fsck_with_error_menu() will try to fsck all ffs listed in the fstab,
including the root which is already mounted.

I'm not sure what the best way to solve this is. The easiest is probably
to unmount the root filesystem once the fstab has been read, letting
fsck_with_error_menu/target_mount_with_error_menu remount it.

Comments ?