Subject: Re: rename list?
To: Frederick Bruckman <>
From: Perry E. Metzger <>
List: tech-install
Date: 12/31/2001 11:49:45
Frederick Bruckman <> writes:
> On 31 Dec 2001, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > I'd like to propose we rename tech-install "tech-sysinst" (for system
> > install) so that people won't send their installation problem
> > questions here. If that name offends, there must be a lot of others
> > that are possible.
> Proliferating mailing lists hasn't really helped so far.

I didn't propose a new list. I proposed a renaming.

> People still post help requests to netbsd-users,

Well, "netbsd-users" doesn't have a name that particularly discourages
that. In fact, I'm not entirely sure what "netbsd-users" is for per
se, so I'm not really sure that help requests are actually off charter
there. I do know, however, that tech-install is for discussing
improvements to our installation technology and not to help people
with install problems.

> How about expanding the one line Mailing List's
> description's for the existing lists, instead of adding another?

I didn't propose adding a list. I proposed a renaming.

Perry E. Metzger
NetBSD Development, Support & CDs.