Subject: Re: creating CD for installation
To: ad , <>
From: Brad Knowles <>
List: tech-install
Date: 12/20/2001 18:15:27
At 11:05 AM -0500 on 2001/12/20, ad wrote:

>  i am trying to install netbsd on a 486 machine.  the problem is i only
>  have a dos machine for making the media with the base binaries (*.tgz).
>  i can't seem to create a CD on the windows 98 machine that the floppy
>  loaded bsd will recognize.  any suggestions for what i should do?

	I used my wife's Compaq Armada 4100T laptop (with an ancient
Pentium processor, and running Windows 95) to create the floopy disks
that I used to install NetBSD on a SPARC clone I bought a while back.
I followed the instructions as they were presented on the website,
and at least that part seemed to work just fine the first time.

	My real problems didn't crop up until I tried to get the machine
to recognize a quad fast ethernet card (there's no support for hme or
qfe interfaces in the 1.5.2 GENERIC kernel).

	Why don't you try following the instructions again, but this time
write down step-by-step exactly what you did.  If you compare this
item-by-item with the instructions, you should find out where you're
going wrong.

Brad Knowles, <>