Subject: Re: Suggestion: NetBSD source official ISO image
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Carl Mascott <cmascott@att.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 12/16/2001 11:55:17
> From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
>

> Carl Mascott <cmascott@att.net> writes:
> > I agree with Brad.  The budget CD vendors can't afford to invest
> > the time in activities like this when they sell CDs for only
> > $2.50 - $3.00.
>
> Putting the ISOs up isn't free, either. It requires time on the part
> of the people building them, and money for the resources to run the
> FTP site.

I presented an argument in a previous message showing how putting
up a source ISO would decrease traffic on the FTP sites.  Can you
refute that argument?  Certainly network bandwidth is more
expensive than disk space.

> What you are saying is that we should spend project resources so that
> for-profit companies can sell $2.50 NetBSD CDs.

But you do this already with all of the other ISO images.
Why should a source-only ISO be any different?