Subject: Re: Suggestion: NetBSD source official ISO image
To: Carl Mascott <>
From: Brad Knowles <>
List: tech-install
Date: 12/14/2001 03:15:17
At 1:09 PM -0500 on 2001/12/13, Carl Mascott wrote:

>  If source CDs were commonly available for $2.50 - $3.00 I think
>  many people (especially those using modems) who now download
>  source would stop doing so and buy a CD instead.  This would
>  actually reduce traffic on NetBSD FTP sites: a handful of CD
>  vendors instead of a lot of end-users downloading source.

	That would certainly solve my problems.  Sure, I might have to
update the sources once I've got them installed, but surely the bulk
of the bandwidth would be the initial download.

	Speaking only for myself, I'd be happy spending a little extra to
support the NetBSD project, if I could have more data made available
to me on CD.

Brad Knowles, <>