Subject: Re: Suggestion: NetBSD source official ISO image
To: None <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Carl Mascott <cmascott@att.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 12/11/2001 19:53:51
> From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@wasabisystems.com>
>
> Carl Mascott <cmascott@att.net> writes:
> >
> > I just received a set of NetBSD 1.5.2 i386 CD-ROMs purchased
> > from Edmunds Enterprises of America.  These 4 CDs are made from
> > the official NetBSD ISO images (install plus 3 packages).
>
> Since there are two cd in 1.5.2, plus 3 cds of packages, I'd say that
> there is obviously something missing here.
>
> "You get what you pay for...."

Aside from the fact that it is non-responsive, this is not
the place to chide someone for not purchasing one of your
company's pricey (e.g., $25 for 2 CDs) CD sets.

The subject is official NetBSD ISO images.
There is exactly one non-package i386 official NetBSD ISO image
(the install CD) and at < 97 MB it doesn't include source.
Please refer to ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/1.5.2
before responding.

I was making a helpful suggestion on the subject of putting
source on an official NetBSD ISO image.
Let's stay on-subject, please.

NOTE: I'm not subscribed to this list.