Subject: Suggestion: NetBSD source official ISO image
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Mascott <cmascott@att.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 12/11/2001 14:24:17
Hi.  I originally sent this to netbsd-comments@netbsd.org.
I got a reply from Chris Jones requesting that I send it
to tech-install@netbsd.org, so here goes.

NOTE: I'm not subscribed to this list.

I just received a set of NetBSD 1.5.2 i386 CD-ROMs purchased
from Edmunds Enterprises of America.  These 4 CDs are made from
the official NetBSD ISO images (install plus 3 packages).
I assume that CheapByte's NetBSD CDs are the same.

I was surprised that there's no source on the install CD, nor
is there an official ISO image with source.

How about putting the source for formal releases in an
official ISO image, either in the install image or in a separate
image?  That way the CD-ROM vendors will pick up on it.
Right now, NetBSD source on CD-ROM at a low price is a little
hard to find.

I realize that some people might want to keep the install ISO
image as small as possible.