Subject: Booting BSD from SCSI
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Bartek Dedersen <bdedersen@uni.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 11/26/2001 20:44:54
Hi,

I have installed i386 NetBSD successful on my SCSI-disk. Now I have the
problem, that my PC-BIOS do not recognize my SCSI-Things. So GRUB do
not see the sd0 drive and I can't boot NetBSD in the normal way.

I have solved the problem with Linux in this way:
- made a small /boot partition on my IDE drive
- lilo booted the kernel from the IDE driven loaded the
SCSI-drivers and finally mounted the SCSI HDD as root filesystem.

With NetBSD I do not know what to do. May I do it in the same way?
What bootloader I have to use?

Here my System:

- SCSI-Hostdrive: SymbiosLogic875XS
- SCSI-HDD: IBM DCAS with NetBSD
- 2 SCSI-CDrom drives
- IDE-HDD: IBM DHEA(with 95% Windows2000 and a small GPL'd partition
;)
- Motherboard: Abit KT7A

Regards,
        Bartek

--
"<< Press Any Key To Continue Or Any Other Key To Quit"
-Gernot Zanders in de.comp.tv+video>