Subject: Re: Router Setup
To: sachin shetty <sshetty@eng.utoledo.edu>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 11/22/2001 20:15:31
sachin shetty <sshetty@eng.utoledo.edu> writes:
> I have NetBSD installed on a Pentium II.I would like to set it up as a
> router for our local network.
> It would be great if i could get some directions in this regard

It is pretty easy. If options GATEWAY was set in the kernel when you
built it, it will simply route packets directed at it. From there,
what you need to do is have the thing run a suitable routing daemon
(assuming you aren't going to statically configure routes). You may
also need to do things like setting up NAT or ipfilter if you intend
to use the box as a NAT gateway or firewall.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com