Subject: Re: netBSD 1.5.2 : /i386/binary/sets directory not found during install process
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Arnaud Fausse <arnaud.fausse1@libertysurf.fr>
List: tech-install
Date: 10/10/2001 20:08:34
--------------Boundary-00=_AQL0CWC8TKES161HBROG

Hubert,

I downloaded the ISO image from free.fr, a Proxad server, an official netBSD
mirror site.
I can mount the CD without problem and browse the directories on another
machine.
However, on the netBSD install, after exit to the shell I can't browse it.
When I install, and the systel seeks packages, the CD drive starts turning
and immediatly stops, then the error message is displayed.

When mounting the CD see what is in the attached file.
What's your opinion ?
Thanks for your help.

Le Mardi  9 Octobre 2001 18:15, Hubert Feyrer a écrit :
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Arnaud Fausse wrote:
> > Install process is OK until it reaches the search of packages. Error
> > message is "can't  find kern.tgz...". These packages are however
> > correctly place on the CD.
>
> Where's that CD/image from?
> Can you mount it and see what "ls" in the root directory of the CD prints?
>

>  - Hubert

--------------Boundary-00=_AQL0CWC8TKES161HBROG

Q0hBTkdFUwpDSEFOR0VTLTEuNS4xCkNIQU5HRVMtMS41LjIKQ0hBTkdFUy5wcmV2CkxBU1RfTUlO
VVRFCk1JUlJPUlMKUkVBRE1FLmZpbGVzCmJvb3QuY2F0YWxvZwpib290LmkzODYKaTM4Ni8K

--------------Boundary-00=_AQL0CWC8TKES161HBROG--