Subject: Re: Sparc64, Ultra 5, and SIGILL
To: Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/29/2001 15:17:48
On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Andrew wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Andrew wrote:
>
> > This is my first NetBSD install attempt so I'm not really sure where to
> > proceed from here. Any ideas?
>
> Well I've managed to netboot...where to from here? I can't seem to find
> sysinst...do I have to disklabel and newfs by hand and then just copy the
> bits over?

	That should work fine, though I'd recommend you take a look at
	the latest sparc64 snapshot (pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc64/snapshot/...)
	1.5.x was pretty much an 'experimental' release for sparc64, and
	things have progressed a lot since then. I'm running a very happy
	ultra1 under -current which was not really usable under 1.5.x.

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --