Subject: Re: missing utilties from install
To: None <dapatter@cisco.com>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/25/2001 13:59:54
"Darren Patterson" wrote:

>hi i just completed a Netbsd 1.5 install on a multia. I selected the
>complete X windows install, but i dont seem to have the ftpd or telnetd
>files. any ideas as to what package these are in and how i can install them
>now? also looking for good tips on the steps to configuring Xwindows on the
>multia.

I think that the ftpd and telnetd questions have been answered already.

As for X, the server is called XalphaNetBSD.  There is no configuration,
just run it.  :-)  I think that the out of the box xdm will `just
work', too.

If you need to change the screen resolution, there are some jumpers
on the motherboard that you need to change.  (This is because the
firmware actually sets the card up in the right graphics mode on
boot---there is no `text' mode.)

[p.s.  the X question would've been answered more quickly on the
port-alpha mailing list, I think, since it is pretty alpha-specific.]

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==
 == Ponte, Inc.                                    http://www.ponte.com/  ==