Subject: Re: PDF version of INSTALL notes
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/29/2001 17:42:14
On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Michael Wolfson wrote:

: I realize there's no currently available solution, but I'd really like to
: see something worked out where there is a PDF version of the INSTALL notes.
:
: http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=13533
:
: PDF is much more usable than most of the other formats on MacOS and Windows.
:
: Does anyone have any ideas?

It's relatively simple:  take the postscript version, run it through gs,
with output of PDF.  It can't necessarily be required to be automatic (as
ghostscript is a pretty high overhead program, particularly on slow
machines), but it could be done in part of the release machining before
opening a release to the public.

BTW, if you happen to know the proper HFS creator/type for PDFs as seen by
the Mac, I'd like to add it to src/distrib/cdrom/hfsmap.lst so they will be
identified properly on HFS and/or Apple CD Extensions prepared images.
(Right now, only .hqx, .txt, .ps, .gz, .tgz, and .html are recognized --
although the creator/type used for .html could probably use a better
definition too.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/