Subject: DAC960 EISA, Mylex Raid controler is supported?
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Jacek <jacek@mjz.com.pl>
List: tech-install
Date: 05/17/2001 22:18:23
----- Original Message -----
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
To: Jacek <jacek@opty.mjz.com.pl>
Cc: <tech-install@netbsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001 5:26 PM
Subject: Re: DAC960 EISA, Mylex Raid controler is supported?

> On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 03:12:44PM +0200, Jacek wrote:
>
>  > Hi!
>  > I am not so strong in NetBSD, til now I was warking on Linux.
>  > Now I am preparing EISA server (Compaq Deskpro xl 560) with DAC960 Raid
Controler on EISA System Bus.

Hi! Again.

I have lost connection and my question went incomplete.

I try explain again.

I am not so strong in NetBSD, till now I was working on Linux.
Now I am preparing EISA server (Compaq Deskpro xl 560) with DAC960 Raid
Controler on EISA System Bus.

I have downloaded NetBSD 1.5T, snapshot 20010408.
When kernel is taking control over hardware,  I can see on system console
messages that device "mlx !MX00076.CFG on EISA0 port 4 is not correctly
configured".
As I told, everything is configured, BIOS recognize system disk, DOS is
starting without any problem from this disk.
Can I send for kernel any start parameters which can help NetBSD recognize
my hardware, anythink like in LILO?

Thanks for your help
Jacek