Subject: Re: NewbieQ:How to add a Ethernet adapter to NetBSD?
To: LiaoBaiping <liaobp@unipulse.co.jp>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 12/20/2000 00:26:13
On Tue Dec 19 07:55:57 2000, LiaoBaiping wrote:

> Hi,All:
>     I am new to NetBSD.
>     I have a PC installed NetBSD Ver 1.4.2, but the Ethernet adapter had
> been changed by somebody.
> and now I can't use any networking function. So I want to install this card
> to netbsd. I foud the card(ISA BUS) is "AMD PCNET FAMILY ETERNET
> ADAPTER(PCI-ISA)"( I see this in windows setup,I can used it in  Win98 ),and
> on the boot of NetBSD I can see the message as bellow:
>
>             isapnp0 at isa0 port 0x279: ISA Plug 'n Play device support
>             isapnp0:read port 0x203
>             isapnp0:<MELCO LGY-VI Network Adapter,BUF0001,PNP828c,>port
> 0x240/24 irq 5
>             drq 3 not configured.

First of all:

Please don't use HTML mail.

Second: you are using charset="iso-2022-jp", but there is no iso-2022-jp
char in your mail. Thats also wrong.

I think current-users would give you a greater audience.
tech-install is about discussing problems of the installation infrastructure.

You need to add your isapnp card to sys/dev/isapnp/isapnpdevs and regnerate
the header files with 'make -f Makefile.isapnpdevs'

I think you need to add this line:

devcompat	le	PNP828c	0	Lance Ethernet on MELCO LGY-VI board

Bernd