Subject: Re: CUPS install problems
To: Sanesh Bodasing <saneshb@cat.co.za>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 12/13/2000 20:02:31
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Sanesh Bodasing wrote:
> I've been having problems with the make install of CUPS-1.0.5,
> I get:
> cp: /usr/sbin/cupsd: Text file busy
> make[1]: *** [install] Error1
>
> does seen this before and knows how to solve it?

Well, the text file is busy (the cupsd is currently running) and can't be
replaced for that. I think that's what can be avoided with install(1)'s
"-r" flag.

Please note that we also have a CPUS pkg IIRC, and you don't need to
install manually if you don't want. Beyond that, /usr/sbin is a system
directory, and it's recommended to not install random 3rd party packages
there. If you install CPUS manually, /usr/local/ is left empty for
that; if you install via pkgsrc, you'll find it in /usr/pkg.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>