Subject: Re: Network installer..
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-install
Date: 09/03/2000 15:24:33
On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 11:50:55PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> > I use something similar, but to install NT: diskless NetBSD partition and
> > format the HD, copies the NT cd to the disk, and create an unatteded
> > install file for the NT installer based on the machine's hostname.
>
> 	This sounds more than a little useful :)
> 	We could do with something similar for Win98 - would there
> 	be any way to persuade you to make this available as a package?

Not really, it contains a lot of M$ non-redistribuable stuffs (to be able
to create MS-DOS bootable partitions and such). These scripts are also
highly site-specific, I don't think they're flexible enouth to be used by
someone else at this time.
Also note that the harder part is to build the NT unattended config file,
and my scripts can't help much for this (heavily dependant on hardware,
I suspect for some hardware it's just not possible). But this is becomming
off topic :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>