Subject: Re: set timezone in 1.5ish sysinst...
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/31/2000 19:55:35
On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 03:13:26AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > are any machine dependent changes necessary for this to work? Like,
> > twisting any MD lists?
> >
> > [I tried it on arm32, and sysinst terminated on me... otherwise it works fine.]
>
> Yah, reporting errors when bailing out from sysinst doesn't seem to be
> possible right now. That said, it's difficult to say why sysinst
> terminated. Maybe you can tell when *exactly* it terminated? Did it print
> the text at the top, did it print a list to choose from, did it stop after
> selecting from the list? Did you install the sharesrc set, so that there
> was actually something to select?

Ok, I should be more specific.

I booted the install kernel (just to test a patch I wanted to commit), then,
for a quick test, entered the utility menu. In the utility menu, I selected
the "set timezone" entry, and sysinst exited immediately. That is:

e RET b RET and I'm immediately back at the console window with

sysinst terminated.
#

at the bottom.

Regards,