Subject: Re: set timezone in 1.5ish sysinst...
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/31/2000 03:13:26
On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> are any machine dependent changes necessary for this to work? Like,
> twisting any MD lists?
>
> [I tried it on arm32, and sysinst terminated on me... otherwise it works fine.]

Yah, reporting errors when bailing out from sysinst doesn't seem to be
possible right now. That said, it's difficult to say why sysinst
terminated. Maybe you can tell when *exactly* it terminated? Did it print
the text at the top, did it print a list to choose from, did it stop after
selecting from the list? Did you install the sharesrc set, so that there
was actually something to select?

That said, I've just committed two changes to make it less prone to
errors. (assume UTC if etc/localtime can't be read as symlink, and don't
terminate on errors)

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!