Subject: Re: 1.5_ALPHA ISO ?
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/11/2000 02:56:04
On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Todd Whitesel wrote:
> Sounds good. I think we should add "one-arch" CD images to release(7).
> I expect they would be a very popular item on the FTP site.

By the requests I've seen when I hinted peopole to upgrade to/install
1.5_ALPHA, it definitely is.

> For now, use etc/Makefile. I am really close to prototyping a unified distrib/
> and I'd appreciate it if there were no new files in there that might conflict.
>
> Long term, I think etc/Makefile should restrict itself to populating DESTDIR,
> and pretty much everything else (stuff that goes into RELEASEDIR) should move
> to distrib. This could potentially eliminate the etc/etc.*/Makefile.inc
> fragments by moving them to distrib, and leave etc/Makefile totally MI.

I guess I can investigate what's necessary, but if you want to include
this in your new scheme, don't let me stop you. ;)

> > IMHO it'd be ok if the mkisofs used was required to be in /usr/local.
> What is wrong with trusting the path?  Wouldn't this be the typical method:
>
> MKISOFS?= mkisofs	# not in base system; see pkgsrc/sysutils/mkisofs

Yah, well, we don't ship mkisofs in base, that's my (only) concern.

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!