Subject: Re: 1.5_ALPHA ISO ?
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/10/2000 16:16:44
> I was just asked for a 1.5_ALPHA ISO. Do you think it would be possible to
> add a target to etc/Makefile(?) to construct a ISO image after a
> (preferrably bootable) "make build"?

Sounds good. I think we should add "one-arch" CD images to release(7).
I expect they would be a very popular item on the FTP site.

For now, use etc/Makefile. I am really close to prototyping a unified distrib/
and I'd appreciate it if there were no new files in there that might conflict.

Long term, I think etc/Makefile should restrict itself to populating DESTDIR,
and pretty much everything else (stuff that goes into RELEASEDIR) should move
to distrib. This could potentially eliminate the etc/etc.*/Makefile.inc
fragments by moving them to distrib, and leave etc/Makefile totally MI.

> IMHO it'd be ok if the mkisofs used was required to be in /usr/local.

What is wrong with trusting the path?  Wouldn't this be the typical method:

MKISOFS?= mkisofs	# not in base system; see pkgsrc/sysutils/mkisofs

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com