Subject: Re: `rc.local.conf': bad name
To: None <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-install
Date: 08/01/2000 09:16:34
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Todd Vierling wrote:

: There's a Bunch of files in /etc that use the suffix .local to indicate that
: this is an "addendum to" or "local override for" the basename file.  This
: would indicate, to me, that I should find site/machine specific addendums to
: rc.conf [the config file] in rc.conf.local, and that `rc.local.conf' is a
: config file for its basename, `rc.local'.

I haven't heard any compelling arguments in favor of `rc.local.conf', so if
I hear nothing by Friday ~7PM EDT, I'll change -current to flip this name to
`rc.conf.local' and request a 1.5 pullup.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *