Subject: Re: menuc vs libmenu
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/25/2000 14:52:38
<CONTEXT>
On current-users there has been some discussion about menuc vs
libmenu.  Phil Nelson, the original author of menuc, has stated that
menuc used to have a mode where it would emit code that used libmenu
instead of it's own internal routines but this was dropped due to the
lack of libmenu in the tree (at the time libmenu was only available if
ncurses was present).  Given that we now have a libmenu a possible
bootstrap for sysinst would be to reinstate the libmenu functionality
in menuc.
</CONTEXT>

According to Jonathan Stone:

>Phil: would it be possible to rescuscitate that code for the
>1.5 release timeframe?

I don't think that would be wise this late in the piece.  I know that
we are struggling with fitting everything onto the boot floppies so
adding an extra 20k or so for libmenu may be something that needs
careful consideration.