Subject: install floppy twists
To: None <tech-install@netbsd.org>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-install
Date: 07/24/2000 15:04:50
	a friend of mine tried the following boot floppy: (mirror)
ftp://ftp.iij.ad.jp/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5_ALPHA/i386/installation/floppies/
	and i think we have some issues with it.

itojun

1. if we use DHCP, IPv6 configuration is not visited. (already discussed, and
   we just need to fix it)
2. system boots up into multiuser mode, without root password configured
	is it okay to do this?
3. (i386 specific) if we choose "entire disk as netbsd" menu,
   the installed disk drive won't boot.   we need to choose "share with other
   operating systems" and then make a sole FDISK partition for netbsd.
   it looks to me an issue with > 8G IDE harddisk, or issue with boot sector
   installation.